SubjectRe: [2.6] Most likely to be merged by Halloween... THE LIST]
What I was advocating was a schedule of:

1) feature submission deadline

2) period of working through feature backlog

3) feature acceptance ending date

Most release management teams in the industry do things this way,
and.... I'd better say no more, those words will lose me the argument.;-)

I'll admit that in most companies the features to be merged backlog
period lasts for only a few days, and due to the difference in scale, it
would probably last a few weeks for Linux, but in my egocentrism I
really think that providing submitters with certainty as to what they
need to do to get a patch in is a good thing.

I understand though that maybe the needs of the submitters aren't the
most important thing for Linux as a whole, and so others will
legitimately disagree.

Hans

--
Hans