    SubjectRe: Remain Calm: Designated initializer patches for 2.5
    Rusty Russell wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just sent about 40 reasonable-size patches through the
    > Trivial Patch Monkey to Linus: these patches replace the (deprecated)
    > "foo: " designated initializers with the ISO-C ".foo =" initializers.
    > GCC has understood both since forever, but the kernel took a wrong
    > bet, and we're better off setting a good example for 2.6 before we
    > start getting about 10,000 warnings.
    >
    > So far, Art Haas has done all the fs code, and will presumably
    > be working through the other code on dir at a time.

    As far as I could tell, *ALL* of these changes broke text alignment in
    columns. It would have been a lot better if they had maintained
    spacing; I find the new code much more cluttered and hard to read.

    -hpa

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.026 / U:29.844 seconds]