SubjectRe: Remain Calm: Designated initializer patches for 2.5
Rusty Russell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just sent about 40 reasonable-size patches through the
> Trivial Patch Monkey to Linus: these patches replace the (deprecated)
> "foo: " designated initializers with the ISO-C ".foo =" initializers.
> GCC has understood both since forever, but the kernel took a wrong
> bet, and we're better off setting a good example for 2.6 before we
> start getting about 10,000 warnings.
>
> So far, Art Haas has done all the fs code, and will presumably
> be working through the other code on dir at a time.

As far as I could tell, *ALL* of these changes broke text alignment in
columns. It would have been a lot better if they had maintained
spacing; I find the new code much more cluttered and hard to read.

-hpa

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.132 / U:0.952 seconds]