SubjectRe: [STATUS 2.5] July 17, 2002
On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 09:10:19AM -0700, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> | With the code freeze date approaching soon, it is obvious that many
> Oct. 31 is feature freeze date, or so several of us understood.

yep.

> | of these projects will not get merged in the next 3 months.
> | What would you rather me do? Keep them in here just for reference,
> | mark them as post-code freeze or just delete them?
> I think that you have more than 3 months to continue updating this. :)

It would actually be useful to have some more people propose input
on Guillaume's list at some point, or even to suggest removal of
items unlikely to happen.

> | o Started Reorder x86 initialization (Dave Jones,
> | Randy Dunlap)
> Please change this one to Pat Mochel.

There's also a lot of cross-over with this item and the
x86 subarch support which James Bottomley has been working on.
I've been kicking that patch around a little the last few days,
and I'll be merging it soon, so we can get a taste for how
arch/i386/ *could* look.

Dave