SubjectRe: [BUG] loop.c oopses

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 01:52:40AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Presumably the loop driver was called from within shrink_cache(),
> as PF_MEMALLOC. Those allocations can fail.
> That's maybe wrong - if there are a decent number of pages
> under writeback then we should be able to just wait it out.
> But it gets tricky with the loop driver...

I included a backtrace in my original post showing that the allocation
failure did indeed occur beneath shrink_cache().

From watching /proc/meminfo it was clear that there were only 1MB or
2MB under writeback, but it also showed that the dirty memory thresholds
were being exceeded. The debugging information obtained was unclear.
The counters reported in /proc/meminfo appear to be accurate.

Cheers,
Bill

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans