SubjectRe: kbd not functioning in 2.5.25-dj2
Arnd Bergmann <arnd@bergmann-dalldorf.de> writes:

> Alexander Hoogerhuis wrote:
>
> > I mentioned this before, but I had major pains with the new input
> > drivers for keyboards not working with the Comapq Armada M700's, and
> > gave that up. Now I got a new Compaq N800c, which forced me onto 2.5.x
> > because of some of the hardware (Intel ICH3 et al).
> As I reported earlier (but appearantly unnoticed), on my Thinkpad A30p
> (which uses the ICH3), keyboard and mouse don't work with the new input
> layer when CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC is on, but I have no problems (except
> my USB mouse) when I switch that off.
>
> > I only have two problems left is that I have a laptop with both a
> > stick and a glidepad, and the psmouse driver only enables the pad, and
> > not the stick. The other is that the rpm command segfaults for no
> > apparent reason under 2.5.x (tried .23, 24., and .25 and -dj varieties
> > of them). Same also happens with vim, second time it edits a file.
>
> For me, the usb mouse stopped working with 2.5.25 in all configurations I
> tried, the stick works without UP_IOAPIC. Unless the new input driver
> is supposed to be a complete drop-in replacement for the old one, I still
> assume that is a configuration error on my side.

I have it configured in, but it claims it dont have one at boot time
(and I honestly dont know if the the hardware is physically in the
box):

No local APIC present or hardware disabled

> Yup, Ed has this one on as well. Alexander, what about your systems?

CONFIG_X86_GOOD_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC=y
CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC=y

> Arnd <><

mvh,
Alexander Hoogerhuis | alexh@ihatent.com
CCNP - CCDP - MCNE - CCSE | +47 908 21 485
"You have zero privacy anyway. Get over it." --Scott McNealy