    SubjectRe: Oops with kernel BUG at dcache.c:345
    On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 07:49:16AM +0200, Arjan Opmeer wrote:

    > My Linux machine just crashed during the morning cronjob with an Oops. Yes,
    > I know my kernel is tainted because I have the NVidia driver loaded, but
    > consider that maybe this driver is not the direct cause of the Oops but only
    > exposing an obscure bug in the kernel?
    > It also seems that enabling AGP using the kernel agpgart module makes this
    > Oops more likely to happen. Also forcing the AGP rate to 1x instead of 2x
    > does not seem to make any difference. With AGP disabled this machine reaches
    > quite respectable uptimes despite using the NVidia driver...
    > Because the machine was hung with the screen blanked I could not use
    > ksymoops, but this is the output of my syslog:

    I had almost the same problem on a 2.4.19-rc1 kernel WITHOUT nvidia crap.
    However after replacing my CPU (Celeron 600A) with a Pentium III 733
    problems disappeared (at least until now)

    Cliff Albert | RIPE: CA3348-RIPE | | 6BONE: CA2-6BONE |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.022 / U:0.864 seconds]