SubjectRe: Q: preemptible kernel and interrupts consistency.
On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 14:19, Oleg Nesterov wrote:

> Safe? Look, if process does not hold any spinlock and interrupts
> disabled, then any distant implicit call to resched_task() silently
> enables irqs. At least, this must be documented.

If interrupts are disabled, where is this distant implicit call from
resched_task() coming from?

That was my point, aside from interrupt handlers all the
need_resched-touching code is in sched.c and both Ingo and I verified
everything is locked.

If interrupts are disabled, there are no interrupts handlers. And if
you are in an interrupt handler, preemption is already disabled.

Robert Love