    SubjectRe: [STATUS 2.5] July 10, 2002
    > Kurt Garloff wrote:
    > > If you want translated kernel messages, use message IDs, that can be parsed
    > > and translated in userspace,
    >
    > Agreed.

    > What's been discussed with Rusty Russell (and I believe he has
    > discussed this with Alan) is not modifying the printks, but providing
    > logging macros that keep the format string separate from the vararg list
    > (but written to a log file as a single event record).

    You need a bit more than that. You need a consistent way to report
    an IRQ number, a device name, a PCI object etc. That does mean tidying up
    printk but not in a bad way. One can imagine either

    "%s", irq_name(irq)

    or
    "%I", irq

    type solutions

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.021 / U:60.964 seconds]