    SubjectRe: need help
    2.4.18 needs a hint added to drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c
    to allow it to scan targets with sparse luns.

    Look in /proc/scsi/scsi for the vendor and model and
    add them into the device_list array in scsi_scan.c

    {"<VENDOR>", "<MODEL>", "*", BLIST_SPARSELUN},

    If you don't configure lun 0, you may have to use
    BLIST_FORCELUN which if my understanding is correct
    will force scanning of all luns.

    I hear there is some REPORT_LUNS code that will
    eliminate the need to do this, although don't know
    which kernel has it.

    ~mc