    SubjectRe: need help
    2.4.18 needs a hint added to drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c
    to allow it to scan targets with sparse luns.

    Look in /proc/scsi/scsi for the vendor and model and
    add them into the device_list array in scsi_scan.c

    {"<VENDOR>", "<MODEL>", "*", BLIST_SPARSELUN},

    If you don't configure lun 0, you may have to use
    BLIST_FORCELUN which if my understanding is correct
    will force scanning of all luns.

    I hear there is some REPORT_LUNS code that will
    eliminate the need to do this, although don't know
    which kernel has it.

    On 06/08/02 19:27, manjuanth n wrote:

    >Dear sir,
    > we have SAN environment with hitachi storage box
    >and brocade switch. we are trying to install Linux
    >with qlogic HBA card. we are facing strange
    >1. If we disable LUN 0 we will not be able to see
    >any LUNs on liunx machine
    >2. If we enable LUN 0 we can see all the LUNS
    >but it should be in sequence i.e LUN0 ,1,2 , 3 etc
    >if we disable LUN 3 we will not be able to see LUNS
    >4 and the rest
    > Is the above things are limitation of linux.
    >Linux machine is running with 2.4.18 kernel
    >Is there any solutions for these problems?
    >Thanks and Regards
    >Do You Yahoo!?
    >the body of a message to
    >More majordomo info at
    >Please read the FAQ at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.041 / U:0.032 seconds]