    SubjectRe: Is there something strange going on with the ext2 Filesystem?
    Hi,

    On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, John L. Males wrote:
    > ***** Please BCC me in on any reply, not CC me. Two reasons, I am not
    > on the LKML, and second I am suffering BIG time with SPAM from posting
    > to the mailing list. Thanks in advance. *****

    That's really silly. You won't get killed, I'm not killed either!

    > Oh, I was not suggesting it was a e2fsck bug, based on the fact of
    > booting the already existing 2.2.19 and making no other changes, e2fsck
    > ran just fine. Suggests a kernel issue in my opinion.

    You can even call the current quota system buggy because it doesn't
    support the quota utilities we had 5 years ago. But it still is no kernel
    bug!

    > I need some clarification here. First can someone explain what is
    > ENOSPC?

    The errno for "No space left on device."

    > Second calrification, I have to assume these ENOSPC bug fixes have been
    > effected in the > 2.4.14 kernels. What I am not sure of is in the
    > 2.2.20 Kernel, it is current and are there some outstanding 2.2.20
    > ENOSPC bugs?

    Alan should have killed them, shouldn't he?

    Regards,
    Thunder
    --
    ship is leaving right on time | Thunder from the hill at ngforever
    empty harbour, wave goodbye |