    SubjectRe: device model documentation 1/3
    Patrick Mochel wrote:
    >>> int (*bind) (struct device * dev, struct device_driver * drv);
    >>>};
    >>>

    >>Please - Why do you call it bind? Does it have something with
    >>netowrking to do? Please just name it attach. This way the old UNIX
    >>guys among us won't have to drag a too big
    >>"UNIX to Linux translation dictionary" around with them.
    >>As an "added bonus" you will stay consistent with -
    >>
    >>PCMCIA code base in kernel
    >>USB code base in kernel
    >>IDE code base (well recently)
    >

    > Ok, I can live with that.

    Thanks. I know it's a bit of nit picking. But coding
    is about expressing tough and many people underestimate the
    importance of proper nomenclature for making code understandible.
    Anywy I just wonted to make sure that you know that
    I apreciate the docs and code you wrote :-).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.022 / U:32.392 seconds]