SubjectRe: realtime scheduling problems with 2.4 linux kernel >= 2.4.10
On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 11:05, george anzinger wrote:

> So that means that, with the above change to prio 99, we
> reintroduce the latency problem, only now it is in a task
> (keventd) and not an interrupt? (I know, I know, the work
> has to be done somewhere. At least this way we can control
> what priority level it is done at. I.e. this is a step in
> the right direction. I just what folks to be aware of the
> latency issue and where it is.)

Good point.

> For what its worth, you can change the priority of keventd
> AFTER a system is up. Robert Love's real time tools contain
> a program (rt I think) that will do this for you. Just
> follow the URL for preemption in my sig. file and look
> around.

Due to kernel.org's policy that all content must be kernel-related (has
something to do with the domain name, I suspect) my scheduler tools are
not there. You can get them at

http://tech9.net/rml/

however :)

Robert Love

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.034 / U:0.084 seconds]