SubjectRe: Failure report: tulip driver
On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, tabris wrote:

> On Tuesday 04 June 2002 10:18, Rasmus Bøg Hansen wrote:
> > [1.] One line summary of the problem:
> >
> > tulip.o gives transmit timeouts and a reboot is needed.
>
> I'd like to say I reported this same problem a couple months ago...
>
> 1) I think it might be partly a timing/temperature issue.

I do not *think* it is a temperature issue. The box is in good
environment and does not generate much heat - however I cannot check
that for a week or two.

For the timing issues, I do not know.

> 2) it is possible to recover simply by ifdown the interfaces, then rmmod
> the module (assuming it is compiled as module...), then ifup the ifaces
> again.

I cannot do this as it is statically linked into the kernel, but you are
probably right.

> 3) I'm cc'ing this to Jeff Garzik, as I think he is the current
> maintainer of the tulip driver.

Sorry, should have done that from the start - I just forgot.

/Rasmus

--
Life is that property, which a being will lose as a result of falling