    SubjectRe: Failure report: tulip driver
    On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, tabris wrote:

    > On Tuesday 04 June 2002 10:18, Rasmus Bøg Hansen wrote:
    > > [1.] One line summary of the problem:
    > >
    > > tulip.o gives transmit timeouts and a reboot is needed.
    > I'd like to say I reported this same problem a couple months ago...
    > 1) I think it might be partly a timing/temperature issue.

    I do not *think* it is a temperature issue. The box is in good
    environment and does not generate much heat - however I cannot check
    that for a week or two.

    For the timing issues, I do not know.

    > 2) it is possible to recover simply by ifdown the interfaces, then rmmod
    > the module (assuming it is compiled as module...), then ifup the ifaces
    > again.

    I cannot do this as it is statically linked into the kernel, but you are
    probably right.

    > 3) I'm cc'ing this to Jeff Garzik, as I think he is the current
    > maintainer of the tulip driver.

    Sorry, should have done that from the start - I just forgot.

    Life is that property, which a being will lose as a result of falling
    out of a cold and mysterious cave 30 miles above ground level.
    - HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams