SubjectRe: Too many mixer devices in devfs
#include <hallo.h>
Richard Gooch wrote on Sun Jun 02, 2002 um 09:59:18AM:
> > mixer0
> > mixer1
> > mixer2
> > mixer3
> > sequencer
> > sequencer2
>
> I don't see this behaviour on my box. I get exactly the devices I
> expect. I have the es1371 driver. Perhaps your driver has been broken
> in a recent patch. Go find out who hacked it last and harass them :-)

Forget the whole issue. The reason is a faulty configuration script for
devfsd, installed by alsa-base Debian package. It forced the creation of
those devices, not looking for existing driver. Unfortunately, devfsd
does not remove those devices when beeing stoped.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
begin LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter