    SubjectRe: KBuild 2.5 Impressions
    Hi,

    On 2 Jun 2002, Peter Osterlund wrote:
    > 3. You have to remember the "-f Makefile-2.5" arguments to make,
    > otherwise it will use the old makefile system. This seems to mess
    > things up so that subsequent make commands fail.
    > I tried to "mv Makefile-2.5 Makefile" to overcome this problem, but
    > it doesn't work because the original Makefile appears to be needed
    > for extracting kernel version information.

    There was no intention to reinvent the wheel. The only _replacing_
    Makefile is a _merged_ version of them. Then you'll also have to find any
    Makefile-2.5s and revert them to Makefiles. This will take a moment, and
    is not yet intented.

    Regards,
    Thunder
    --
    ship is leaving right on time | Thunder from the hill at ngforever
    empty harbour, wave goodbye |