SubjectRe: /proc/scsi/map

> Life would be easier if the scsi subsystem would just report which SCSI
> device (uniquely identified by the controller,bus,target,unit tuple) belongs
> to which high-level device. The information is available in the kernel.

Does this not fail if I pull a device off, change its ID (perhaps to fit into another system), then plug it in again? Or if I move it from one adaptor to another?

John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS:

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
be right!