    SubjectRe: /proc/scsi/map

    > Life would be easier if the scsi subsystem would just report which SCSI
    > device (uniquely identified by the controller,bus,target,unit tuple) belongs
    > to which high-level device. The information is available in the kernel.

    Does this not fail if I pull a device off, change its ID (perhaps to fit into another system), then plug it in again? Or if I move it from one adaptor to another?

    --
    Cheers
    John Summerfield

    Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

    Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.