    SubjectRe: PCI DMA to small buffers on cache-incoherent arch

    > The DMA_ALIGN attribute doesn't work, on some systems the PCI
    > cacheline size is determined at boot time not compile time.
    > Another note, it could be per-PCI controller what this cacheline size
    > is. We'll need to pass in a pdev to the alignment interfaces to
    > do this correctly.
    > So none of this can be done at compile time folks.

    But upper bound is certainly known at compile time, right?
    (about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that the U.S.
    no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.026 / U:102.232 seconds]