    SubjectRe: Hotplug CPU Boot Changes: BEWARE
    In message <> you write:
    > But for the latter something just a little more than minimal hacks
    > must be implemented. But dynamic cpu enable/disable is definitely
    > worth it.

    Perhaps I didn't make myself clear: hotplugging does not neccessarily
    mean physically removing or adding the CPU. And as to whether they
    offer full support, or stub support, architectures can decide that for
    themselves, as they need. It's not my call.

    I don't know how much of a win it is to disable HT on cpus, but I can
    tell you that adding & subtracting CPUs is a fairly heavy-weight
    operation in this design (I don't think we really want to lock around
    every cpu iteration).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.030 / U:15.052 seconds]