    SubjectRe: RFC: per-socket statistics on received/dropped packets

    David S. Miller wrote:

    > From: Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>
    > Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 11:23:30 -0700
    >
    > I need to account for packets on a per-session basis, where a
    > session endpoint is a UDP port. So, knowing global protocol numbers is
    > good, but it is not very useful for the detailed accounting I
    > need.
    >
    > Why can't you just disable the other UDP services, and then there is
    > no question which UDP server/client is causing the drops.

    I run multiple connections at once, so this is not a useful alternative.
    My application is fairly unique, though people doing stuff like RTP and
    other streaming UDP sessions may be interested in similar counters.

    > Every argument I hear is one out of lazyness. And that is not a

    Well, that pretty much finishes this discussion I guess.

    Thanks,
    Ben

    --
    Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>