SubjectRe: RFC: per-socket statistics on received/dropped packets

David S. Miller wrote:

> From: Ben Greear <>
> Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 11:23:30 -0700
> I need to account for packets on a per-session basis, where a
> session endpoint is a UDP port. So, knowing global protocol numbers is
> good, but it is not very useful for the detailed accounting I
> need.
> Why can't you just disable the other UDP services, and then there is
> no question which UDP server/client is causing the drops.

I run multiple connections at once, so this is not a useful alternative.
My application is fairly unique, though people doing stuff like RTP and
other streaming UDP sessions may be interested in similar counters.

> Every argument I hear is one out of lazyness. And that is not a

Well, that pretty much finishes this discussion I guess.

Ben Greear <> <Ben_Greear AT>
President of Candela Technologies Inc