    SubjectRe: khttpd rotten?
    From
       From: Andrew Morton <akpm@zip.com.au>
    Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 12:30:59 -0700

    The concern with moving one (major) application into the
    kernel is that this will weaken the testing/motivation to get
    zerocopy, aio and sophisticated notifications working well
    for userspace.

    Actually, to the contrary, TUX was in fact an impetus for the
    userlevel zerocopy and AIO bits :-)

    I personally don't see anything wrong with something like the
    TUX engine being in there. At the same time I want to reiterate what
    Ingo said which is what we can do in userspace catches up to what
    TUX can do then we pull it out and move on to the next thing :-)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.021 / U:32.908 seconds]