    SubjectRe: PATCH, IDE corruption, 2.4.18

    --- Mike Fedyk <> wrote: > On Sat, May 04, 2002 at
    01:15:20PM +0100, Neil Conway wrote:
    > > - byte stat;
    > > + byte stat,unit;
    > [snip]
    > > #if defined(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA) && !defined(CONFIG_DMA_NONPCI)
    > > - byte unit = (drive->select.b.unit & 0x01);
    > > + unit = (drive->select.b.unit & 0x01);
    > Why are you moving the init of "unit" out of that ifdef?

    Basically to make it compile. I'm only moving the declaration, and
    that's only because I need to abort the routine BEFORE the second line
    of the ifdef switches off DMA on that unit. I did compile a version
    with the ifdef split into two bits but I decided that was a little
    messy. (It won't compile if my check goes in before the first line of
    the ifdef as originally written as it declares a variable and C won't
    let declarations follow plain code.)

    > Can you see if this problem is still in 2.5 also?

    I haven't got a 2.5.13 tree but I found 2.5.7 on a source browser
    online and verified that, back then at least, ide-features.c was still
    basically the same. Of course, the routines in between
    ide_register_subdriver and ide_config_drive_speed might have been
    different. If someone can look at the code-path between these two
    routines in 2.5.13 to see if there is any check on whether or not the
    hwgroup is busy (or simply whether or not DMA is in progress) that
    would clear it up. I'll probably download 2.5.13 sometime soon anyway.

    Do You Yahoo!?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.022 / U:11.988 seconds]