    > > Only in 2.4.19pre8aa3: 00_bdflush-tuning-1
    > >
    > > Put the mid watermark at 50% (near the high watermark so we don't stall
    > > too much).
    > As the 2.4.19-pre mainline got your buffer throtteling changes I guess it
    > has the same issues? Do you think it's worth to submit that patch to Marcelo
    > even that late in the release cycle?

    it is not very important, but of course it could go in too.

    > > Only in 2.4.19pre8aa2: 05_vm_10_read_write_tweaks-1
    > > Only in 2.4.19pre8aa3: 05_vm_10_read_write_tweaks-2
    > >
    > > Avoid backing out the flush_page_to_ram in this vm patch,
    > > the one on the pagecache is still needed before the memcpy
    > > on the pagecache during the early cow (would be cleaner
    > > to move it up, if Hugh wants to clean it up that's welcome,
    > > it will be an orthogonal patch, so far I just avoid to
    > > change that area in my changes, not high prio to clean it up
    > > as DaveM side it's more high prio to conver the users of
    > > flush_page_to_ram API to flush_dcache_page/icache new API during 2.5).
    > It seems to me you ignore the comments akpm put in the split patches you
    > merged :) Not only the comment to this change is superflous now, but also

    updated :)

    > I'd really like to get an answer to the remaining part of it as Andrew's
    > comment about that part beeing buggy makes a lot of sense to me..

    well, as Andrew said it's a microoptimization, but it's not buggy. It is
    used to avoid marking a page referenced twice if somebody reads with an
    userspace buffer granularity smaller than PAGE_SIZE, the same
    optimization exists in the read side (there it is a bit more of a
    microoptimization because the writer never activates pages but the
    readers activates pages without such check).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.036 / U:9.936 seconds]