SubjectRe: A reply on the RTLinux discussion.
On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 15:20, Dana Lacoste wrote:
> I wish it weren't so, but it IS. If RedHat is filing patents, then
> it's fairly apparent that RedHat thinks so too, isn't it?

Strange line of reasoning. Red Hat is an open source company. It doesn't
have a proprietary installer, random bits of the binaries and libraries
that are licensed per seat, embedded setups that happen to generate
partially non free per unit licensed embedded targets.

There are years old Cygnus patents on bits of gcc, there are current Red
Hat filed patents with GPL grants, there are countless thousands of IBM
patents a few of which have GPL grants. People keep assuming this is
something new, yet I would not be suprised if some of the gcc related
patents pre-date Red Hat's existance.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.166 / U:0.016 seconds]