SubjectRe: isofs unhide option: troubles with Wine
> >     1.  Invert the logic of the option, make it 'hide' instead
> > of unhide, and so unhide is the default.
> how about:
> /dev/hdb /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,unhide,user 0 2
> in your /etc/fstab. This would allow users to mount and unmount CDs.
> It also changes the default to unhide.

Yes, that is what we have to do now. So, when our product is
installed, a user is presented with a confusing, and highly technical
question, the gist of which is: please give us your root password
so we can do something you don't understand. It's okay, trust us,

Further, I would argue that if you accept that unhide is a
reasonable default for me to force into the fstab, then
it is a reasonable default for the kernel to have.