    SubjectRe: isofs unhide option: troubles with Wine
    > >     1.  Invert the logic of the option, make it 'hide' instead
    > > of unhide, and so unhide is the default.
    > how about:
    > /dev/hdb /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,unhide,user 0 2
    > in your /etc/fstab. This would allow users to mount and unmount CDs.
    > It also changes the default to unhide.

    Yes, that is what we have to do now. So, when our product is
    installed, a user is presented with a confusing, and highly technical
    question, the gist of which is: please give us your root password
    so we can do something you don't understand. It's okay, trust us,

    Further, I would argue that if you accept that unhide is a
    reasonable default for me to force into the fstab, then
    it is a reasonable default for the kernel to have.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.023 / U:1.320 seconds]