SubjectRe: isofs unhide option: troubles with Wine
> AFAIK, Windows "hidden" files are supposed to behave much like Unix 'dot'
> files (.login, etc), so IMO the kernel should not use the hidden bit at all.
> Instead, it should be 'ls' et al that do this. Now, I guess this isn't
> particularly practical without changing fileutils and many other things, so I
> would suggest that the kernel is changed to pass on, if possible, but
> basically ignore the 'hidden' bit.

To me, this seems like the best approach. My solution offends my
sensibilities in that we essentially 'throw away' the hidden
bit information. However, I am sufficiently ignorant of the
filesystem such that I don't really know if this is feasible,
or if there is even a reasonable place to park the hidden bit
information.

Cheers,

Jer

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.215 / U:0.576 seconds]