SubjectRe: [reiserfs-dev] Re: IDE problem: linux-2.5.17
Użytkownik Vojtech Pavlik napisał:

>>Hmm thinking again about it... It occurrs to me
>>that actually there should be a mechanism which tells the
>>host chip drivers whatever there are only just one or
>>two drivers connected. I will have to look in to it.
>

> There is no such mechanism (except for probing the drives). IDE has
> quite nonsensical "split" termination - the termination resistors are
> always present even on the middle device. This is to "simplify" things

Yes there is the host chip timer setting is basically
changing the termination properties on the hsot chips part
of the connection. This is the reason I was thinking
that making the driver for it know how many drivers
are attached to it could make some sense.