    SubjectRe: Have the 2.4 kernel memory management problems on large machines been fixed?
    >> I wouldn't bother using RedHat's kernel for this at the moment,
    >> Andrea's tree is where the development work for this area has all
    >> been happening recently. He's working on integrating O(1) sched
    >> right now, which will get rid of the biggest issue I have with -aa
    >
    > Still ? Its been in the Red Hat 7.3 tree since we released it. Its also
    > in the -ac tree all nicely merged. I guess your definition of happening
    > is my definition of "happened" 8)

    There are definitely good things in both trees for this problem area at
    the moment. If you're interested in fixing this Alan and Andrea, let's start a
    mergefest. I'm sure I can volunteer some IBM resources to help port patches,
    and test the hell out of it .... if you're willing to consider taking things, I'll draw
    up a list of what the issues are, what patches are available, and which
    trees they reside in (often none ;-( )

    If my spies are correct, 7.3AS kernel is still based off the old 2.4.9 VM, with
    no rmap at present ... correct? I presume 7.3 is 2.4.18 or so VM with rmap?

    M.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.022 / U:0.612 seconds]