    SubjectRe: AUDIT: copy_from_user is a deathtrap.

    > > I believe I seen some strange memcpy for PPro (or something that
    > > obscure) that done out-of-order accesses to trigger prefetch logic. I
    > > can't find it any more, so I can't be sure...
    > Its festering quietly in the glibc source tree where all large and
    > dubiously justifiable hacks seem to end up

    In such case, linus, here is your "reasonable" example. For PPro, it
    is faster to copy out-of-order, and if we wanted to use that for
    copy_to_user, you'd have your example.
    Casualities in World Trade Center: ~3k dead inside the building,
    cryptography in U.S.A. and free speech in Czech Republic.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.029 / U:5.972 seconds]