    SubjectRe: Allow aic7xx firmware to be built from BK tree.

    Kai> On Mon, 20 May 2002, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
    >> >Some people are using source control management systems which
    >> >leave the managed files read-only.
    >>
    >> These people shouldn't be rebuilding the firmware. 8-)

    Kai> True, but some do anyway...

    Or so as I do, and have a single source tree that's read-only, and
    trees of links to the source tree that I build different
    configurations from.

    (The `touch' that make depend does really hurts here)

    >> Only with lots of MD5 junk and other complicated rules. I have no
    >> problem with changing the name of the shipped files and using a
    >> link if that will finally put this issue to rest.

    Kai> Okay, I'll take care of it. I think it should be done and over
    Kai> with, then.

    Personally, I'd prefer a rule like:

    aic7xxx_seq.h aic7xxx_reg.h: %.h : shipped_%.h
    cp $< $@

    otherwise an attempt to build with CONFIG_AIC7XXX_BUILD_FIRMWARE yes
    after a build with no will fail.

    Peter C

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.021 / U:60.132 seconds]