    SubjectRe: Linux-2.5.17

    I can live with not building, crashing, or even eating filesystems. Those
    things will be fixed sooner or later. But breaking userspace programs -- that
    may well be permanent. If there was a good chance it would be working again by
    the time 2.6 comes out, it wouldn't bother me. But I really don't expect this
    to change, so it looks like I won't be able to use 2.5 (or anything later) until
    I get another version of gtop, or fix this one myself. And so there will be yet
    another nonstandard change to my patchwork system that I'll have to deal with
    (if I even remember it) the next time I try to upgrade (i.e., reinstall)
    Slackware.

    Russell King <rmk@arm.linux.org.uk> on 05/21/2002 06:29:23 PM