    SubjectRe: discontiguous memory platforms

    On Thu, 2 May 2002, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

    > What I
    > care about is not to clobber the common code with additional overlapping
    > common code abstractions.

    Just to throw in an alternative: On m68k we map currently everything
    together into a single virtual area. This means the virtual<->physical
    conversion is a bit more expensive and mem_map is simply indexed by the
    the virtual address.
    It works nicely, it just needs two small patches in the initializition
    code, which aren't integrated yet. I think it's very close to what Daniel
    wants, only that the logical and virtual address are identical.

    bye, Roman

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.020 / U:7.612 seconds]