SubjectRe: kbuild 2.5 is ready for inclusion in the 2.5 kernel
Uz.ytkownik Keith Owens napisa?:

> I know how to do ABI versioning right. But there is no chance of me
> starting work on the correct method of ABI versioning until kbuild 2.5
> is in.

It's shown in the syscall part of the kernel :-) Just don't provide
a too big ABI and stick to it is one possible strategy.

And of course I'm sure you recognize that what we could use is ABI *checking*
and not ABI *versioning* thingee. If one really really want's to do this the
only true one way, well the solution is.... for example CORBA IDL and stuff
if you divide the remote part of CORBA out.

And hell I'm not expecting an ORB to appear in the kernel any time soon.
(However I remember someone once implementid such a beast...)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.990 / U:0.012 seconds]