    SubjectRe: discontiguous memory platforms
    Daniel Phillips wrote:

    > Patching the kernel how, and where?

    Check for example in asm-ppc/page.h the __va/__pa functions.

    > > Anyway, I agree with Andrea, that another mapping isn't really needed.
    > > Clever use of the mmu should give you almost the same result.
    >
    > We *are* making clever use of the mmu in config_nonlinear, it is doing the
    > nonlinear kernel virtual mapping for us. Did you have something more clever
    > in mind?

    I mean to map the memory where you need it. The physical<->virtual
    mapping won't be one to one, but you won't need another abstraction and
    the current vm is already basically able to handle it.

    bye, Roman

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.027 / U:0.392 seconds]