SubjectRe: discontiguous memory platforms
Daniel Phillips wrote:

> Patching the kernel how, and where?

Check for example in asm-ppc/page.h the __va/__pa functions.

> > Anyway, I agree with Andrea, that another mapping isn't really needed.
> > Clever use of the mmu should give you almost the same result.
> We *are* making clever use of the mmu in config_nonlinear, it is doing the
> nonlinear kernel virtual mapping for us. Did you have something more clever
> in mind?

I mean to map the memory where you need it. The physical<->virtual
mapping won't be one to one, but you won't need another abstraction and
the current vm is already basically able to handle it.

bye, Roman