    SubjectRe: Bug: Discontigmem virt_to_page() [Alpha,ARM,Mips64?]

    On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 11:21:59AM -0500, Dave Engebretsen wrote:
    > Yes, both add and remove are needed to be a good citizen. One could
    > spend all kinds of time coming up with good huristicts to do that
    > automatically :)
    > At a mimimum, manual off line of memory would be nice.
    > Dave.

    I have a particular interest in the implementation of at least one
    mechanism in the kernel (rmap) which could be exploited to assist
    in this. If there are other efforts in progress toward this end I'd
    be happy to investigate methods of using the additional machinery
    provided by rmap to assist in this.

    Cheers,
    Bill

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.025 / U:0.652 seconds]