    SubjectRe: Htree directory index for Ext2, updated
    On May 18, 2002  07:44 +0200, Daniel Phillips wrote:
    > On Saturday 18 May 2002 07:34, Andreas Dilger wrote:
    > > On May 18, 2002 03:21 +0200, Daniel Phillips wrote:
    > > > Patch is severely broken in its current form, not only for the
    > > > reasons you stated, but also because of its inability to handle
    > > > renaming in any sane way. I want a patch --sane option.
    > >
    > > I bet BitKeeper gets it right... ;-) ;-) ;-)
    >
    > Funny you should mention that, since Bitkeeper has embarrassed itself pretty
    > badly with respect to patches, so far.
    >
    > - Somebody decided to add another level on top of the linux root directory
    > in their source directory. I can't import patches into that.

    Hmm, I'm not sure what you are referring to here.

    > - I can apply patches to bitkeeper repository using the normal 'patch',
    > but Bitkeeper gets its revenge later, as each bk edit command starts
    > off by throwing away the patch.

    This is also strange, as when I use patch to apply a patch to files not
    checked out, patch asks me if I should check them out in write mode
    (which I do, of course).

    Of course, if you are using patch to apply changes to a BK tree it isn't
    really BK in the end. What I was referring to was importing a changeset
    would probably get the target files correct 100% of the time, unlike the
    situation you are describing with patch.

    Cheers, Andreas
    --
    Andreas Dilger