SubjectRe: kbuild 2.5 is ready for inclusion in the 2.5 kernel - take 3
On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 20:30, Tomas Szepe wrote:
> > > Third and final attempt. Original sent on May 2, second mail sent on
> > > May 14, still no response from Linus.
> >
> > Linus is a bastard. Did you forget?
>
> This is getting ridiculous all right.
>
> Linus, what makes you ignore Keith's work?
>
> Would you tend to think he's worked on kbuild25 this long
> to end up having to send a linus-dammit-would-you-have-
> -a-look-at-last-i'm-not-going-to-keep-asking-forever msg?
>
> Sorry for a slightly offensive post; I can't stand to
> see such impoliteness.

Along the same lines, we have James Bottomly attempting to
get support for the NCR Voyager architecture added to the
kernel. His original submission post was sent 2001-12-23:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=100913508007485&w=2
The latest submission attempt was sent 2002-05-11:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=102115570805131&w=2

It seems to me that adding a new architecture probably doesn't
impact the rest of the kernel much, so I am not sure way
acceptance would be so long delayed. I have noticed that
there has been minimal feedback to James, which he appears
to have responded to quickly and well. I tend to think
that any tweaks needed could be accomplished as easily once
the code has been accepted into the kernel tree.

Is there some justification for the delay that I have somehow
overlooked?

Miles

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.128 / U:0.096 seconds]