    SubjectRe: IO stats in /proc/partitions
    On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 06:39:03PM -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
    > > On the other hand, disk statistics should not be in
    > > /proc/partitions. They should be in /proc/diskstatistics.
    > > I see a heading today "rio rmerge rsect ruse wio wmerge"
    > > "wsect wuse running use aveq". No doubt next year we'll
    > > want different statistics. So /proc/diskstatistics should
    > > start with a header line including a version field.
    > >
    > > Please keep these disk statistics apart from /proc/partitions.
    >
    > The change can possibly break userlevel tools which were working with
    > 2.4.18.
    >
    > Christoph, please create a /proc/diskstatistics file or something like
    > that and send me a patch.

    I rather send a complete backout patch for mainline instead. This format
    has been used by the vendor (Red Hat, SuSE, etc..) kernels since 2.2 ages
    and is used (if present) by the stock performance tools for linux
    (i.e. syststat package, iostat).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.027 / U:0.056 seconds]