SubjectRe: InfiniBand BOF @ LSM - topics of interest
> The thing about Infiniband is that its scope is so great.
> If you consider Infiniband was only a glorified PCI with serial
> connector, the congestion control is not an issue. Credits

Congestion control is always an issue 8

> are quite sufficient to provide per link flow control, and
> everything would work nicely with a couple of switches.
> Such was the original plan, anyways, but somehow cluster
> ninjas managed to hijack the spec and we have the rabid
> overengineering running amok. In fact, they ran so far
> that Intel jumped ship and created PCI Express, and we
> have discussions about congestion control. Sad, really...

My interest is in the question "does infiniband have usable congestion
control for tcp/clustering/networking". I don't actually care if it doesn't
and I'd rather have most congestion control in software anyway.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.093 / U:0.192 seconds]