    SubjectRe: Changelogs on kernel.org
    On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 22:15, David Woodhouse wrote:

    > lm@bitmover.com said:
    > > It's probably best if you simply view this as a BK limitation which
    > > isn't going away any time soon and don't put junk changesets in the
    > > middle of your stream of changes. It's easy enough to export the
    > > change you want as a patch, export the comments in the form that bk
    > > comments wants, undo the junk changeset, import the patch, and set the
    > > comments. Yeah, it's awkward; consider that a feedback loop which
    > > encourages you to think a bit more about what you put in the tree.
    >
    > What it actually encourages is for people to have multiple throwaway trees.
    > (Which isn't quite so much of a BK turnoff once you discover compilercache.)
    >
    > If the tree's going to be thrown away anyway, it doesn't matter if it gets
    > confused -- how about making it a little easier to backport changesets --
    > surely it should be possible to make BK import a changeset iff all the
    > affected files are identical in both trees before the changeset?

    while we are adding to the wishlist here is a few more items.

    Away to make a clone with all files checked out in edit mode. I find
    that I always do the checkout anyway and maybe it's possible to make it
    faster if it's done at clone time.

    Also I have found that it is a pain in the a** to have debug code that I
    really don't want to save but it's temporary usefull. When I do a pull
    that changes the same file the pull don't work and I have to unedit the
    file and lose the debug code or make a needless checkin. I would really
    like if it was possible to do a merge that is only in the checkedout
    file not stored as a changeset.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.023 / U:61.120 seconds]