SubjectRe: ide <-> via VT82C693A/694x problems?
Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

> On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 12:33:44PM -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:
> > Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

> > > via82cxxx cannot be compiled as a module - Config.in doesn't allow that.
> > > And not only that - it doesn't support it in the source - it has to be
> > > compiled into the IDE driver to work.
> >
> > you're right, I didn't check it, just assumed it's a module! Anyway,
> > since I have checked the via support for ide (from kernel configuration
> > CONFIG_BLK_DEV_VIA82CXXX=y) it means that I have support for via82C* ide
> > compiled in, the main question still remains - why is the CD audio
> > ripping causing 'lost interrupt' on via ide, while everything else is
> > working and audio cd ripping is working with pci ide card (same
> > computer, same cd drive).
> >
> > any pointers where to look? I'd appreciate something just a bit more
> > specific than just pointing me to ide driver...
>
> What kernel version is that (2.5, 2.4 ... )? Have you tried some other?
> Have you tried disabling DMA on the drive? (hdparm -d0 /dev/...) Have
> you tried disabling the VIA support?

I tried:

2.4.17, VIA support, DMA on/off, 32 bit access on/off
2.4.18, VIA support, DMA on/off, 32 bit access on/off
2.4.18 with ide patches from linux-ide.org, VIA support on and off

all with same results - audio ripping is VERY slow and there is a lot
of 'lost interrupt' messages in syslog.

I didn't dare to try 2.5.x as it seems like there's lot of changes
related to IDE and there were some problems with currupting HD...

erik

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.048 / U:1.120 seconds]