    SubjectRe: sddr09.c
    Andries --

    I have docs on this thing. It's been an on-again, off-again project with
    some other developers. You're the first to be able to write to the thing.

    The translation is designed to preserve integrity -- i.e. you write the
    data, then atomically set one block invalid and another valid. There's
    actually a command for this at the controller-level.

    I suggest that, if you're serious about finishing this, you get on board
    the usb-storage devel team (contact me off-lists about this), so we can get
    you access to the specs and then get this thing working.

    Matt

    On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 11:10:43PM +0000, Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl wrote:
    > This evening I cleaned up sddr09.c, and after some playing
    > succeeded in writing to a SM card.
    > Remains the question: does anyone have docs for this thing?
    >
    > (The "read control" command gives 64 bytes for each 16kB block.
    > The last 48 look like junk. The first 16 either are all zero,
    > or start with six FF bytes followed by two groups of five bytes.
    > The first two bytes of both groups of five are equal, and
    > describe the PBA <-> LBA correspondence.
    > I do not know what the final three bytes of both groups mean.
    > They have five nybbles of even parity and one nybble that ends
    > in two 1 bits.
    > What is the purpose of this PBA <-> LBA mapping?
    > To avoid bad blocks? Or is rewriting a sector much slower
    > than relocating it and writing a fresh one?
    > I invented a "write_data" command, but have not yet tried
    > to do a "write_control".)
    >
    > Andries
    > -

    Matthew Dharm Home: mdharm-usb@one-eyed-alien.net

    I want my GPFs!!!
    -- Stef
    User Friendly, 11/9/1998

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.027 / U:120.120 seconds]