    SubjectRe: [swsusp fixes] Re: Linux 2.4.19pre5-ac3

    > > +
    > > +You have two ways to use this code. The first one is if you've compiled in
    > > +sysrq support then you may press Sysrq-D to request suspend. The other way
    > > +is with a patched SysVinit (my patch is against 2.76 and available at my
    > > +home page). You might call 'swsusp' or 'shutdown -z <time>'.
    > > +
    > > +Either way it saves the state of the machine into active swaps and then
    > > +reboots. By the next booting the kernel's resuming function is either triggered
    > > +by swapon -a (which is ought to be in the very early stage of booting) or you
    > > +may explicitly specify the swap partition/file to resume from with ``resume=''
    > > +kernel option. If signature is found it loads and restores saved state. If the
    > Does it have to be an "active swap partition"? What about systems
    > without active swap, but space enough for a partition?

    There you just make it partition and then mkswap/swapon it. Or did I
    misunderstand the question?
    Casualities in World Trade Center: ~3k dead inside the building,
    cryptography in U.S.A. and free speech in Czech Republic.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.020 / U:10.672 seconds]