    > 1. There seems to me to be a race within the current SMP code (with or without
    > the event logging stuff). It seems that segments of the line could get interspersed
    > with segments of another line (or a whole other line) generated by another cpu ...
    > is this correct?

    I'm not aware of that being the case. The output string
    is formed into a static buffer and then copied into the
    printk ring buffer all under spinlock_irqsave(logbuf_lock).

    If there is something wrong then it would be occurring
    at the other end - where data is taken out of the ring
    and is sent to the console device(s). The locking there
    is OK, I think?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.021 / U:0.116 seconds]