    SubjectRe: forth interpreter as kernel module

    benh@kernel.crashing.org wrote:

    > Yes, an OpenFirmware emulator would be interesting. It would allow to
    > softboot OF PCI cards on non-OF machines, and would allow to implement
    > properly resume from sleep on some desktop G4s that will power off the
    > PCI bus during sleep (some cards need to be re-softbooted, like video
    > ones, and in some case, you really want the vendor firmware to run).

    I'm writing a full OF implementation for OpenBios. It will also be
    able to run in user space, which might be a better solution for things
    like softboot (and besides, it makes development a lot easier).

    It is supposed to be fully portable across all architectures that
    run Linux.

    Check out module Paflof from OpenBios CVS.

    http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/

    Nothing very mature yet, so don't get too excited now.

    Cheers,

    Segher

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.023 / U:153.636 seconds]