    SubjectRe: Linux 2.5.8-pre2
    On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Russell King wrote:
    > On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 12:17:28PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
    > > Please either add resource management code to anakinfb and clps711xfb,
    > > or apply the patch below.
    >
    > They're not ISA nor PCI - in fact, they're specific system-on-a-chip
    > framebuffers. I therefore don't see the point of your patch.

    Even then, please don't add them to the section marked with the comment
    `Chipset specific drivers that use resource management'. My patch just moves
    their initialization to the section marked with the comment `Chipset specific
    drivers that don't use resource management (yet)'. So it's still valid.

    > (Oh, and a bugbear - people go running around adding checks for the
    > return value of request_region and friends on embedded devices where
    > there can't be the possibility of a clash waste memory needlessly.)

    Perhaps you want to modularize the driver later? Resource management also
    prevents you from insmoding two drivers for the same hardware.

    Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

    Geert

    -- Linus Torvalds