    SubjectRe: How to enable printk
    On 30 April 2002 10:55, David Woodhouse wrote:
    > said:
    > > It is not silly as long as kernel continues to log tons of normal
    > > stuff as warnings.
    > Er, IMO it _is_ silly as long as the kernel continues to log real warnings
    > as warnings too.
    > > Here it is: There are way too many printks without a log level! --
    > Oh, well the answer is obvious - just disable _all_ the warning messages.
    > Why not turn off KERN_CRIT too, while we're at it? I'm sure we can find at
    > least one superfluous KERN_CRIT message.

    Hey, hey... do you expect users to patch all those printk() calls
    in their kernel themself? Realistically they can:

    * enable console logging for warnings and be flooded
    * disable console logging for warnings and stay blind
    * send patches to lkml and be ignored
    * configure syslogd to print warnings on a dedicated tty

    Anyway, that's what I did.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.021 / U:43.716 seconds]