    SubjectRe: XFS in the main kernel
    On Tuesday 23 April 2002 23:43, Luigi Genoni wrote:
    > If I do remember well a strong obiection to XFS is that it introduces a
    > kernel thread to emulate Irix behavious to talk with pagebuf (a la Irix),
    > end to have an interface with VM and Block Device layer.

    There is nothing wrong with a filesystem having its own management thread -
    this seems to be a feature of all the new filesystems. How that thread
    interacts with vm and the vfs is an open question, not answered very well
    by any filesystem at the moment, let alone XFS. Bottom line: XFS's thread
    is not the issue.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.021 / U:0.776 seconds]