SubjectRe: XFS in the main kernel
On Tuesday 23 April 2002 23:43, Luigi Genoni wrote:
> If I do remember well a strong obiection to XFS is that it introduces a
> kernel thread to emulate Irix behavious to talk with pagebuf (a la Irix),
> end to have an interface with VM and Block Device layer.

There is nothing wrong with a filesystem having its own management thread -
this seems to be a feature of all the new filesystems. How that thread
interacts with vm and the vfs is an open question, not answered very well
by any filesystem at the moment, let alone XFS. Bottom line: XFS's thread
is not the issue.