SubjectRe: mounting loop-device on a 2048 byte/sector medium fails
Bill Davidsen wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Peter Niemayer wrote:
>
> > first I thought this was some loop-AES specific issue, but now I know
> > it isn't: When I try to mount a filesystem on a loop device which
> > is in turn using a 2048 byte/sector medium (a magneto-optical drive
> > in my case), the mount fails though mkfs & fsck are happy.
>
> I reported this some time ago as a problem with using offset mounting CDs
> with a binary prefix before the ISO image. And since it seems that the
> problem is not the offset but the sector size, the problems may be
> related.
>
> I'll look at this over the weekend if not before. It works with 2.0 and
> 2.2, I use it regularly, and it's the main thing keeping a few of my
> machines on 2.2.

Then I've got good news for you: Jari Ruusu just sent me a patch to the
loop device that fixes the problem!

As loop-AES has a super-set of features of the original loop device,
you may download loop-AES 1.6b here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=28891&release_id=84590

... and replace the loop.c-2.4.diff file in it with the attached new version.

Or wait until there's an official new loop-AES release or until the maintainer
of the original loop.c applied a similar patch.

Regards,

Peter Niemayer[unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream]-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3ia
Comment: http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/PGP-public-key.asc

iQCVAwUAPMWt8zMKg0M6Ig9RAQH/QQP9EpbDQunKEa2gzgKmJaz66QQKKc5N1HcL
Uxq9VxHScoE1eANYdvduWa0ElMXLlKezp+0eysgkc15s8PVk7CavhzOEcFo5A8Uq
SFykaCRQiPXBOqJp8bpjDdraAsvIg34pSvj01BL/oWkKHxWxqfDZmfz4+dLprsAg
ytCPFRILU7Q=
=Dhzy
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.040 / U:0.660 seconds]