    SubjectRe: BK, deltas, snapshots and fate of -pre...
    On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 10:23:39AM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:
    > > IOW, I propose to create a "linuspush" script that replaces his current
    > > "bk push" command. Linus pushes batches of csets out at a time,
    > > make these cset batches the pre-patches...
    >
    > This is easily doable as a trigger. I'm pretty sure that all you want
    > is

    Not quite -- pre-patches are a one-big-patch, diffed against the most
    recently released kernel. Perl could easily parse the linux/Makefile
    kernel version and deduce the BK tag (used for diffing) from that.
    Finally, I'm not sure that BK can generate these kind of diffs, can it?
    One quality of all traditional Linus pre-patches and patches is that
    if you have N csets modifying a single file, you see N gnu-style diff
    modifications, instead of the single one you would get when generating
    the patch via GNU diff.

    Also, (assuming Linus wants this, of course) I would want the
    'linuspush' script to increment the pre-patch and check in that change,
    before pushing.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:4.101 / U:0.216 seconds]