    SubjectRe: Bio pool & scsi scatter gather pool usage
    > But this gets you lowest common denominator sizes for the whole
    > volume, which is basically the buffer head approach, chop all I/O up
    > into a chunk size we know will always work. Any sort of nasty boundary
    > condition at one spot in a volume means the whole thing is crippled
    > down to that level. It then becomes a black magic art to configure a
    > volume which is not restricted to a small request size.

    Its still cheaper to merge bio chains than split them. The VM issues with
    splitting them are not nice at all since you may need to split a bio to
    write out a page and it may be the last page

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.037 / U:61.724 seconds]